Title: Sales Associate
Department: Sales Division
Job Objective: Responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory. Works with customer by providing support, information and guidance. Develops and implements agreed upon Marketing Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base in the marketing area. Works within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
- Responsible for the sales of fuel cells, fuel cell and electrolyzer components, and services tailored exclusively to the fuel cell and electro-chemistry industry.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Responsible for identifying and developing client relationships and referrals.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of CRM software to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
- Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects’ business problems, the effects of the problems, and the FuelCellsEtc solutions to their problems.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; bench-marking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Develops annual business and marketing plans in conjunction with Sales Manager, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the Sales Associate on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Responsible for identifying and building effective Centers of Influence Network with Sales Recruiters and other professionals to maximize revenue.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as weekly reports and work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
Relationships and Roles:
- Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- At least 1 to 5 year(s) of experience in sales in the renewable energy industry.
- Advanced knowledge of industry (fuel cells, electrolysis, batteries, solar, and other renewable energies).
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills.
- Advanced communication skills with a focus on excellent customer service.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals
Salary: Base + Commission